Thursday, July 9, 2009

The Good News and Not-So-Good News

A quick update on my carpal tunnel--

I had my EEG test on my wrist/ hand today to check for nerve damage due to the numbness and tingling in my right hand. The good news is that the test came back normal w/ no nerve damage. Yay! The not-so-good news is that they're positive that I have carpal tunnel syndrome since I'm responding well to the brace, had decreased something or other in my right index finger today, and other symptoms. :(

I go back in a few weeks, so keep me in your thoughts that things continue to feel ok.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad to hear that you don't have nerve damage! But bummer about the brace not helping : ( Hang in there!

Unknown said...

Best wishes to you! I have carpal tunnel in my wrist too. I was diagnosed about 6 years ago when I had extreme numbness & pain. The dr. gave me a night brace to wear as often as needed. At first I wore it day & night then just at night. I hadn't used it in over a year at all until recently due to some extra hand work I've been doing and all the typing/key entry.

Anyway, great that there is no nerve damage...the brace does WONDERS!!!!

tscrapper said...

Absolutely! The brace has been doing wonders the last month, so I'm hoping I can just keep using it at night w/ no other treatment for awhile.