Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Inspiration Tuesday--Stay at Home Mommy

I'm working on some new invitation designs and children's party supplies, and my little designer is right beside me helping pick which monster to use on the monster invitations. She truly is my inspiration, and I'm so thankful that I get to stay home to raise her. The last 4 1/2 years have gone by so quickly.

While home w/ my daughter, my philosophy has changed a bit from the beginning but is basically the same. I want to raise my daughter to respect others and her environment. I want her to know that she's loved and grow up being happy and healthy. We may have switched from baby wearing and attachment parenting, but we still have the same principles now that she's a little older.

We're currently working on learning to read and using www.starfall.com for most of our learning games and stories to read. Learning is and should be fun, and I've been able to find tons of online games and activities that are appropriate for preschool age. She loves them! Here's our latest fun game, courtesy of The Activity Mom blog:
http://activitymom.blogspot.com/2010/09/sight-word-game.html

We use the words from the starfall books (Zac the Rat, etc.) as well as Disney princess names and words. Hope others can find inspiration here, too!

No comments: