Sunday, December 30, 2012

Loving the Coconut Oil!

If you read my post last month, you'll know that I've recently discovered the beauty of coconut oil as a hair conditioner from another pinterest pin. Yesterday, I found this pin on pinterest here--http://healthimpactnews.com/2011/80-uses-for-coconut-oil/ that describes 80 different uses for it! I'm all for things are reasonable and have multiple uses around the house.

First thing I did was try the coconut oil as a moisturizing lotion for my legs, arms, and hands. All I did was literally scoop it out of the jar and put it on my skin to rub it in. It was a bit greasier than I like for lotions, but my skin feels amazing this morning! So soft and moisturized! I have super dry skin in the winter, so this is huge.

Next thing I did was try the coconut oil as a chapstick for my dry lips. Besides dry skin, I really get dry lips in the winter, and my other chapsticks are not cutting it. A little coconut oil on my lips really did an amazing job last night. Hoping to get them back in shape soon.

If you are looking for cheap and easy DIY Natural health and beauty recipes, check out the above link for 80 uses for coconut oil!

No comments: