Friday, November 16, 2012

Thanksgiving Learning Activities for Kids

FREE turkey addition game.  Students match the math fact on the feather to the answer on the turkey.
While I took yesterday off for my birthday, I'm back today with a few items that we are loving around our house this time of year. My daughter loves themed printables and games for the holidays, and Pinterest never disappoints me. I find tons of activities for every holiday and season on there. Thanksgiving was no different.

I've mainly focused on math activities and games and crafts for this holiday because it really seemed to sneak up on us this year. I swear it was just Halloween last week! Not sure how Thanksgiving can really be in less than a week from today. Anyways, here are the activities that we've been working on this week in our house--http://blog.maketaketeach.com/?p=3460 for basic addition fact turkeys (shown above) and http://www.readingconfetti.com/2011/11/word-family-turkeys.html for word family turkeys (shown below).


Both of these sites have some fabulous learning activities for kids that are free, many printable, and fun for the preschool/ Kindergarten/ early first grade kids. I love that they also turn into holiday decor! Hope everyone has fun learning this week!

No comments: