Friday, November 7, 2008

Friday Featured Seller--Northstar Jewellery!

This one is all of the way from Ireland! Enjoy!


-What is your shop name and URL?
My shop is http://www.northstarjewellery.etsy.com/

-Tell me two (or more!) interesting things about you. (Hobbies, achievements, favorite something-or-other, family situation, jobs, etc)
Hmm, well other than jewellery making, I am an artist and love to spend my spare time (in between running a business, being a wife and mother etc etc!) painting and drawing. Apart from having my own successful business, it is my dream to have an exhibition of my paintings..and also to own my own horse. I'll get there eventually!

-What do you sell in your Etsy shop?
I make handcrafted jewellery in a variety of styles for todays discerning woman.

-To which Etsy Street Teams do you belong (if any)?
None as yet.

-What inspires your creations?
My inspirations are many...nature and the ocean in particular.. it could be the words of a song or a poem, people are also another big source of inspiration for me as well

-Tell me a bit about your creative process and/or how you learned to do what you do.
I am completely self taught, and I tend to create something on the spur of the moment, and then keep working well into the wee hours. I could go days without making a thing, but I always make up for it when inspiration hits :-)

-What is your favorite item in your shop (currently for sale or previously sold)?
My favourite item is 'Celtic love'. it is a necklace that was inspired by my ancestral roots, and my first ever wireworking experiment. It turned out far better than I ever expected it would, and I am quite proud of it for that reason.

-Why is it your favorite? (Please provide a link)
It is my favourite at the moment because it is different to anything I have made before and I have gotten so much positive feedback on it that I have been inspired to try a completely new jewellery making technique, and this has given me something more that I can put into my jewellery.
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=15250641


-What 3 words would you use to describe yourself
Curious, creative, kind

-What do you like about Etsy?
I like that it gives a person a way to get their work seen and commented on- both positively and negatively. I have not yet made a sale on Etsy but being on there has been a great source of learning for me, and I like that. I feel that there is always something more to be learned.

-What makes your shop unique?
I haven't seen any other artist with exactly the same style of jewellery as my own, and I offer free shipping on all items internationally as well :-)

-What advice do you have for other folks selling or buying on Etsy?
If you are selling on Etsy, promote, promote, promote, because no one else will do it for you. Its hard work, but can be worth the time and effort that you put into it. Buyers, there is so much wonderful talent on Etsy so I would say shop around, and don't be afraid to give new sellers a chance- could be the nicest present you every buy for either yourself or someone else! AND, to both buyers and sellers, I would say please make allowances for the way that some words are spelt on different sides of the Atlantic- its not always typo's! Eg Jewelry/jewellery :-)

-Where else can we find out more about you and/or your creations (please include a link)?
You buy my jewellery through my shop http://www.northstarjewellery.etsy.com/ and I also have another website which is linked to Etsy and this is http://www.doylejewellerydesign.com/
And I have a blog where you can read a little bit more about what I'm up to, features on other Etsians etc
http://www.doylejewellerydesign.blogspot.com/

No comments: