Friday, November 21, 2008

Friday's Featured Etsy Seller--Echos Art!!

She has some fabulous jewelry that is photographed beautifully! Enjoy!


-What is your shop name and URL?

-Tell me two (or more!) interesting things about you. (Hobbies, achievements, favorite something-or-other, family situation, jobs, etc)

I am a stay at home mom to three boys- ages 9, 6, and 1 year.I am a craft addict. My studio is overflowing with every kind of craft supply you can imagine. I won a jewelry contest at Urban Girl bead shop two years ago.

-What do you sell in your Etsy shop?
I mainly sell jewelry, but I also carry gemstone magnets and bleached t-shirts. Plus there will be some new items coming up for x-mas!



-To which Etsy Street Teams do you belong (if any)?
I belong to Fabulous Artistic Moms (FAM), Etsy Moms, and North Dakota Street Team.

-What inspires your creations?
I am inspired by nature a great deal. The individual stones inspire me with their colors and shapes giving me ideas of how to use them.

-Tell me a bit about your creative process and/or how you learned to do what you do.
I received an Associate in Arts degree in college, and took A LOT of art classes. They helped prepare me for the design aspect of jewelry making. As far as the actual jewelry making process, I taught myself by reading and lots of practice.

-What is your favorite item in your shop (currently for sale or previously sold)?

My favorite piece would have to be Natural Obsession- http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=11773639 because my favorite colors are brown and green and I love turquoise. I always look at that piece and think hmmmm.... should I really sell it???

-What 3 words would you use to describe yourself?
I would describe myself as creative, quiet and passionate.

-What do you like about Etsy?
I love Etsy because there are so many wonderful artists together in one place and everyone is friendly and willing to help one another.


-What makes your shop unique?
I believe my jewelry is unique because of the colors and stones that I put together.It's funky, eclectic, earthy and always gets attention. I also like the fact that a wide variety of people enjoy my work. It isn't just for a certain age group or type of person.

-What advice do you have for other folks selling or buying on Etsy?
Be patient and enjoy what you do!!!!!

-Where else can we find out more about you and/or your creations (please include a link)?
If you have any questions or would like to ask me something, email me at echosart@live.com or convo me on Etsy.

No comments: