Friday, January 16, 2009

Friday's Featured Etsy Seller--LilyQueen!!

Another great jewelry seller, recently featured in a few of Etsy's gift guides! All of the earrings in her shop are only $10 each right now!! Add her to your favorites because she may soon broaden her shop to include candles, etc. There's even a petrified dinosaur bone stone ring. How cool is that?


-What is your shop name and URL?

-Tell me two (or more!) interesting things about you. (Hobbies, achievements, favorite something-or-other, family situation, jobs, etc)
I have three adorable ferrets, Lilly (whom I named my shop after), Diesel, and Hunter. Lilly has already mastered the art of escaping her cage. I used to make soy candles and horribly miss it; I’m going to try my hand at bath and body items next. I used to make teeth out of clay for a dentist and I took a cheesy a photography class at an after school program and wont throw out my pointless certificate.

-What do you sell in your Etsy shop?
Jewelry right now, may switch over to bath & body items or just make a completely different story to carry those items.

-To which Etsy Street Teams do you belong (if any)?
CT Etsy Street Team

-What inspires your creations?
Everything and anything. Sometimes I make a story before I make the item or sometimes it gets a story while being made. My Brownie bracelet was thought of after I made it and my recently sold Honey Pot Bracelet was named and thought of before I even started.

-Tell me a bit about your creative process and/or how you learned to do what you do.
Crafting has always been my thing; I just keep bouncing from one type to another. I learned whatever I know by trial and error and reading up about it online. Plus I always thing, when you craft something by hand, there’s no right or wrong way to do something.


-What is your favorite item in your shop (currently for sale or previously sold)?
My Lilly Pad ring, recently sold as well.

-Why is it your favorite? (Please provide a link)
I hand crafted it out of sterling silver; everything was made by me, except obviously the SILVER and the BEACH GLASS. Plus, I made it just as I would like it, so when I sold it, I sold my favorite piece, and I promised myself not to make another one because I don’t want to duplicate my rings.

-What 3 words would you use to describe yourself?
Quiet, creative, anxious


-What do you like about Etsy?
What’s not to love, it’s a great site, I never would have been able to sell the amount of pieces I have without etsy.
-What makes your shop unique?
Everyone’s shop is unique to them; no one else can exactly duplicate something you make. Its like finger prints, some may be similar but no two are identical.

-What advice do you have for other folks selling or buying on Etsy?
PERFECT YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY. Just think, people cannot touch, smell, or put on your item, besides the quality of the item, the only other way you have to convince people to buy it is with your photos.

-Where else can we find out more about you and/or your creations (please include a link)?http://lillyqueenjewelry.blogspot.com/

No comments: