Friday, May 8, 2009

Friday's Featured Etsy Artist--SocialButterflies!

This week's Friday's Featured Etsy Artist is another Spotted Box team member--Social Butterflies! My daughter has one of her clips and loves it. I love it because it actually stays in her fine hair and looks cute in the process. Want to try some of these clips for your own hair or your child's hair? She's currently running a sale--buy 4 items and get 1 free!! AND.....she's offering a giveaway for my blog readers! More details on the giveaway coming soon!

What is your shop name and URL?
Social Butterflies http://www.socialbutterflies.etsy.com/

-Tell me two (or more!) interesting things about you. (Hobbies, achievements, favorite something-or-other, family situation, jobs, etc)
I’m a former swimwear designer turned footwear marketing executive and mom to a two year old little girl. I have an obsession with accessories and all things sparkly and colorful.

-What do you sell in your Etsy shop?
Gorgeous silk flower hair clips, unique scrabble pendants, and sweet hair clips for infants and toddlers. I will soon be adding feather headbands and a collection of wish necklaces.

-To which Etsy Street Teams do you belong (if any)?
The Spotted Box

-What inspires your creations?
Everything around me. If I find a cool button or piece of ribbon, I immediately think of a dozen things to make with them.

-Tell me a bit about your creative process and/or how you learned to do what you do.
I’m 100% self taught. I’ve always been a crafty person, so my creative mind is always running. I can spend hours in a craft store. My husband likes to refer to them as the Bermuda Triangle, because he never knows when I will return from my weekly trips there. LOL

-What is your favorite item in your shop (currently for sale or previously sold)?
Most definitely my magnolia hair clip.

-Why is it your favorite? (Please provide a link)
http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction.php?transaction_id=15827873
I made them for my bridesmaids to wear and guests were wanting to place orders for them at my wedding... from that day Social Butterflies was born.

-What 3 words would you use to describe yourself?
Dedicated, Fashionable and Silly :)

-What do you like about Etsy?
It is a fabulous community of so many wonderfully talented people. I can spend hours every day looking at shops.

-What makes your shop unique?
My goal is offer chic & playful accessories at an affordable price.

-What advice do you have for other folks selling or buying on Etsy?
Love what you do and it is reflected in your final product!

-Where else can we find out more about you and/or your creations (please include a link)?
N/A

No comments: