Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Crickett's Answer for Cancer

As many of you may remember from October posts, I have had two relatives pass away from Cancer in the last few years with my Aunt being in October. She was very close to me, and I really miss her. Well, during my recent sale, I sold some coaster sets to Carole, who operates a nonprofit organization called Crickett's Answer for Cancer in memory of her cousin and close friend. Her aunt operates the organization with her.

Here is what Carole shared:
One set I purchased is a breast cancer awareness set for my aunt, who lost her daughter 2 years ago. Together we operate a breast cancer nonprofit in memory of her (my cousin and close friend). She died at the age of 39 only four months after being diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. You can learn more about what we do at www.crickettsanswerforcancer.org.

We are still in the early stages of operating this nonprofit, but are already raising money and helping women with breast cancer. But it's amazing how hard it is to give money away. Women always think someone else needs it more than they do...always putting others first!! Feel free to pass on the link to friends and family too. We're working to get all the exposure we can, so would appreciate your help if you're able to do so.

This is a fantastic nonprofit that is working to help women win this battle. Please share the above link with your family and friends to help raise awareness.

1 comment:

Kim Caro said...

going to check the site out now.