Friday, December 12, 2008

Friday's Featured Etsy Seller--Randi100!!

Today, I'd love to introduce you to Randi of Etsy's This and That Shop. She combines painting and photography beautifully in this shop and has lots of unique gift ideas!

What is your shop name and URL?
My shop name is This and That http://randi100.etsy.com/
-Tell me two (or more!) interesting things about you. (Hobbies, achievements, favorite something-or-other, family situation, jobs, etc)
I was a Montessori preschool teacher for 15 years. I gave that up in May to stay home with my children and to try and make it as a craftsperson fulltime.

-What do you sell in your Etsy shop?
I sell a little bit of everything in my shop. It ranges from handpainted ornaments, to cards , to photography.

-To which Etsy Street Teams do you belong (if any)?
I do not belong to any street teams at this time.

-What inspires your creations?
My children inspired my creations, I started to craft after my first child was born. I am also inspired by color. I love to see what colors work well with each other.

-Tell me a bit about your creative process and/or how you learned to do what you do.
I don't really have a set creative process. I work when I am inspired with a new idea.

-What is your favorite item in your shop (currently for sale or previously sold)?
I really like the photo treasure boxes.

-Why is it your favorite? (Please provide a link)
It is my favorite because it incorporates painting and photography, two of my favorite things.

What 3 words would you use to describe yourself?
perfectionist, creative, patient.

-What do you like about Etsy?
I like being able to display my work for others to see and I like being able to share advice on the forums.

-What makes your shop unique?
I feel my shop is unique because not only is everything handmade but all of my work can be customized also.


-What advice do you have for other folks selling or buying on Etsy?
For sellers I would say that if you have a dream of being an artist then you should go for it, don't let anyone or anything stop you. For buyers, enjoy it on etsy. If you are looking for something handmade you will find it here.

-Where else can we find out more about you and/or your creations (please include a link)?

1 comment:

Randi said...

Thank you so much for the feature!