Thursday, April 23, 2009

Friday's Featured Etsy Seller--Alphabulous!

Here's another Spotted Box and EtsyMom team member featured this week. Her work is so cute and perfect to wear for playgroup, etc. , and her name canvas art would look great in the playroom or nursery. I love the fact that she wants her shop to look like a "bowl of jelly beans," and she has work in a local shop here in Columbus! Enjoy!

-What is your shop name and URL?
http://www.alphabulous.etsy.com/

-Tell me two (or more!) interesting things about you. (Hobbies, achievements, favorite something-or-other, family situation, jobs, etc)
My two most favorite things to do are to be with my fun family and get inspired to create more fun things!

-What do you sell in your Etsy shop?
I sell hand made patches, appliques, games, and gifts. I want it to be unique so I am always looking for new ideas.

-To which Etsy Street Teams do you belong (if any)?
FAM team, Team EtsyBaby, Team Etsykids, Team EtsyMoms, The Spotted Box

-What inspires your creations?
my kids and the things around them

-Tell me a bit about your creative process and/or how you learned to do what you do.
I am self taught in my patch and applique creations. I am willing to create anything my customer wants (within reason). I have found more freedom in saying "I'll give it a try" and then be pleased with the outcome.

-What is your favorite item in your shop (currently for sale or previously sold)?
I would have to say my "name canvas". There so many ways to make this your own. I have worked with Moms who have made these into memory boards after their kids have grown. I love to add personal details and different fabrics. Once they're done, they are your very own "one of a kind".-

Why is it your favorite? (Please provide a link)
One example is "Monkey See"http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=17047263-

What 3 words would you use to describe yourself?
Open, humorous, friendly

-What do you like about Etsy?
I love it all. I think Etsy is the best thing out there. It makes your dream of having a shop come true and they provide great tools for success.

-What makes your shop unique?
I wanted my shop to resemble a bowl of jelly beans. Bright, sweet, inviting and you just can't stop at one.

-What advice do you have for other folks selling or buying on Etsy?
Just have fun. Join teams, reach out to other shops. Make friends. It's a wonderful community of artisans.

-Where else can we find out more about you and/or your creations (please include a link)? http://www.thedizzydaisy.com/

1 comment:

Brandy said...

What a cute shop! Great interview :o)