Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy Earth Day!

I hope that everyone is taking a moment today to at least think of a few changes that you can make in your life that are more eco-friendly. I believe that this is a process, and I'm slowly making more changes in our household that are better for the environment. I've talked w/ my 2-year old daughter this week about turning off the lights when we're not in the room. If she had her way, every light in the house would be on all of the time, but we're working on it. Here are a few of the changes that I've made in the last year and where you can buy the products/ find out more information:

--cloth wipes for lunch/ dinner messes in cute toddler patterns! They are just her size and much more fun than paper towels.
http://www.picnicbasketcrafts.etsy.com

--reusable cloths for the Swiffer instead of the disposable ones (the shop I bought these from is no longer selling them, but they work great!) The shop listed above has similar ones for sale.
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=21332781

--reusable grocery bags from Target
--Greenworks cleaners (when these run out, I'll start using the ones from the shop listed above. She has so many green items in her shop!)
--Felt play food for my daughter from thelittleLOVEbug shop
www.thelittlelovebug.etsy.com

These are just a few of the many eco-friendly shops on Etsy. Happy Earth Day!

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

thanks so much for mentioning my cleaning products and stuff in your blog! I sure do appreciate the exposure! Happy Earth Day to you too!

Jocelyn The Little LOVE Bug said...

Thanks so much for the mention of my felt food. So glad you and your daughter love your felt food!

Quilted Memories said...

WHAT!!! You are not going to use my reuseable maxi pads???? You can't call yourself green until you go ALL the way! hehehehe :o)

I'm trying to find more "green" items to add to my stash, just let me know if you're looking for something new!!!

www.quiltedmemories4u.etsy.com

tscrapper said...

Sorry Amanda, but I'm not ready to make that commitment yet. LOL