Monday, October 27, 2008

New Toys -- Grrrrr!!!!

Let me start off by saying that I am a pretty patient person, and I do consider myself to be smarter than the average bear in regards to most things. Now, the story...

Other scrapbookers and cardmakers have been raving about ATG guns (adhesive guns) for a year or two now. I kept using my regular adhesives despite hearing how much money you save by using the ATG because you use less adhesive each time plus each refill holds so much more than other types. Well, I broke down and spent the $50ish bucks to buy the adhesive gun plus a few refills. It really is an investment to buy this ATG gun at $50ish bucks for adhesive, but I'm confident I'll save money in the long run on adhesive.

I've been playing with this thing for an hour now, and I'm just now starting to feel somewhat confident with it. I've broken the tape roll twice now and had to rethread it, had gummy adhesive on my hands and everywhere but the paper a few times, etc. I read it had a learning curve, but good lord, it's an absolute pain in the butt until you get the hang of it.

I'm feeling much better now. Anyone else have any pain in the butt stories about a new toy that you were really excited about?

4 comments:

moxylyn said...

Yeah, Dish Network. Only you don't get the hang of them, you just keep giving them your money until the contract is up.
I hope you get the hang of your new toy real soon!

s. said...

I've had a similar experience

Robin@creations-anew.com said...

HEHEHEHE..I'm glad I'm not the only one with those kind of things....
Learning Curves???ARG
Robin
CreationsAnew

RagsNehali said...

I absolutely {heart} my ATG gun..I have it for about a year now & haven't looked back..I am sure you will get use to it soon.. there is a nice video on how to load the tape at - http://framingsupplies.com/3M/ScrapbookersTapeGunsandTapesPage.htm
HTH!!